Thursday, October 8, 2009

LinkedIn

LinkedIn is a social networking site used by professionals to find jobs, post resumes, and connect with past or potential employers. LinkedIn is a very useful tool to potential employers. Applicants can give them a link to their page, and the company can find everything they need to know about the person. It is a great resource for anyone. I have posted my resume and will probably use LinkedIn to look for jobs in the future.
I searched for an entry level graphic design job and found one in Boston that looks interesting. I found one with the company “Captains of Industry”. It is on a freelance/ contract basis which appeals to me. I would be working under a senior graphic designer, which is a good thing since I have no professional experience with graphic design yet. I have a couple of friends in this field and they seem to really enjoy it. The advice from LinkedIn is to ask my current contacts for contacts at the company that they may already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment